Monday, November 22, 2010

gobble gobble

Two things.

One. Charlotte is really getting the hang of using a spoon (especially when sticky food is involved). Today we had mac 'n cheese with supper and she ate the whole bowl. I can't believe how big she's getting. I really see a difference in her every few days. Her vocabulary is enormous! The sentences are really starting to take form. Yesterday she said, "More chocolate cookies please." Now, that's some sentence...

She's also been saying "Happy To You" all the time. This means she wants you to sing the Happy Birthday song. We were at a birthday party last weekend and for some reason, she took to it and loves the song. When she sees Christmas lights she says it too. It might be a long holiday season with lots of birthday songs.



Two. By the time Thanksgiving rolls around, I'll be 30 weeks pregnant. This seems to be a common theme around here, but holy cow, time is flying by! I'll only have 10 weeks left. I won't say anymore about not being ready because I've come to the conclusion that I'll never truly be ready. Just need to meet Baby and keep the household rolling along.

Baby is still kicking like mad. All the time. It's reassuring to feel so much movement but every now and then those feet and elbows really jab me in some internal organs that aren't pleased to be kicked. However, I'm still doing great, feel great and carry my travel pillow everywhere I go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this time is rolling by so quickly. So good to hear you have a strong little person in there, clearly making his/her presence known! What fun with Charlotte and how wonderful to hear that she is able to communicate so well these days, it will make the transition ahead as a new Big Sister a little easier for everyone. From Diane, see you soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...