Friday, May 28, 2010

successful quilting

WOW! I'm am totally excited right now. I just finished stippling my FIRST quilt, the toddler quilt for Charlotte. It is far from perfect but I am very happy with the results. We had no puckering and it looks very, very chic. I can't wait to put the binding on and wash it. Charlotte is going to really enjoy the quilt. I have faith in myself to finish the two twin quilts I started. I picked up my sewing machine yesterday and could hardly wait to use it. YES!!

Here's a closeup of the stippling.


Here's the front:


Here's the back.


AND....

I finished sewing the top of the hexagon quit, aka grandmother's flower garden. Turned out nicely!!

1 comment:

Shanley said...

this is beautiful! my great grandmother made my parents a quilt before I was born, and while I hardly remember her, I loved having the quilt on my bed last semester when I was home. Something about having her hand stitching over me every night felt so comforting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...