Thursday, March 5, 2009

Home at last: day 5

Today Charlotte is 5 days old and it is our third day at home. Last night she slept in her bassinet and we managed to get sleep in between feedings. Daddy sleeps in the other bedroom so that one of us is rested in the evenings. I am trying to do a majority of my sleeping between 5-9pm.

Today I wore Charlotte in my sling for a few hours and it worked great! I was able to nap on the couch and do a few things in the kitchen without disturbing her. Charlotte is eating very well and will continue to gain more weight. I love looking at her, especially when she is awake and looking back at me with those inquisitive blue eyes like her daddy.

I don't want to jinx anything, but so far things are going smoothly. After a few more nights, I think we will have the evenings figured out. She really loves listening to this lullaby music I have. That makes putting her to sleep a little easier.

For more photos, keep an eye out on our Flickr site. There is a link to the left. Click on the moving photo show.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...