Saturday, November 8, 2008

Beginning Week 25, Beginning 3rd Trimester

Baby's eyes are now open! Baby is probably blinking and closing its eyes when s/he sleeps. Baby is still getting nutrition through the umbilical cord. The brain is also developing more and more each week. The brain already controls the rhythmic breathing, digestion, and body temperature.

I haven't played my cello very recently. That's something I'll have to work harder at. The baby is definitely moving around as I mentioned earlier. It's nothing too annoying yet, which is pleasant.

My appetite is good. I saw my doctor this week and I'm still at a total of 11-12 pound weight gain which is fantastic in my eyes! She measured my belly this time. The next visit in four weeks, she will do the diabetes testing which means a sugary substance, blood drawn, and a boring hour in the waiting room at the doctor's office. I doubt I'll be at risk for gestational diabetes, but then again, you never know.

This week I picked up my baby books from the library again. Starting to read up on labor and delivery. It is definitely making me nervous, but then I remember that I have chosen the perfect husband to get me through the birthing process. I'm sure the classes we take starting in December will also help us understand what to expect.

Let the countdown continue!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...