Sunday, August 3, 2008

Begining Week 11

Nearly all structures and organs are formed and beginning to function. Baby's fingers and toes have separated and baby's hair and nails are begin to grow. There are even tiny hair follicles starting to bud under the skin. The genitals begin to take on the proper gender characteristics and are fully formed. However, it's still too soon to know what the sex will be. Amniotic fluid begins to accumulate as the kidneys begin to function - This fluid, consisting primarily of water, helps provide a cushion for baby.

I still feel great! My appetite is much better, I'm eating more normal portions again. Kevin and I were on vacation this weekend and ate lots of good junk food, so it's back to a healthy diet these next weeks.

My mom picked up a crib and changing table this week off craigslist.com so the spare baby bedroom is well on it's way. I also received a call about the new baby chair Kevin and I ordered. We can pick that up at any time.

And of course, travelling this weekend, we were surrounded by little kids and babies everywhere! I know it's also something we've become more aware of. Kevin and I look at these parents and compare ourselves. This baby is slowly becoming more of a reality each day. What a blessing!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...